Brighton, United Kingdom
Brighton & Hove is one of the most vibrant, colourful and creative cities in Europe. Compact, unique, fun, lively, historic, young and free-spirited, it’s a great place to visit, live, work & study in. Under an hour from London, Brighton is located on England’s south coast, between the stunning South Downs and the English Channel. Often voted the happiest place in the UK, the city offers a fantastic mix of Regency heritage, fabulous shopping, funky arts and music, beachfront cool and year round festivals and events.
TNC20 will take place at the Hilton Metropole Brighton, located on the seafront.
We are delighted to organise TNC20 in Brighton in collaboration with our host this year, Jisc.
Brighton – some quirky facts:
• Brighton is the Happiness Capital of the UK
• Brightonians drink more coffee and eat more chocolate than anywhere else in the UK
• Brighton is the only city to have a Green MP
• There are approximately 614,600,000 pebbles along the 6 miles of beach – we’re still waiting for them to be counted though…
• During the Second World War, the Germans were not supposed to bomb Brighton because Hitler wanted the Royal Pavilion as his seaside home
• Brighton is home to the country’s oldest cinema
• Abba won the Eurovision Cong Contest at Brighton Dome in 1974